Channel your inner Julia Childs and let the baking festivities begin! This holiday season, give the gift of a warm batch of homemade cookies. These festive, flavorful and oh so delicious Peppermint Junior Mint Cookies make the perfect holiday treat.
What you will need…
- 3 ¾ cups all-purpose flour
- 1 ½ tsps. baking soda
- ¾ tsp salt
- 1 cup unsalted butter at room temperature
- ¾ cup granulated sugar
- 1 cup light brown sugar
- 2 large eggs
- 1 ½ tbsps. vanilla extract
- 1 ½ cups chocolate chips
- 2 boxes (3.5 oz) Peppermint Crunch Junior Mints
- 6 large candy canes–crushed
- Optional sea salt for sprinkling on cookies
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit. If you are making giant cookies, spray a muffin top pan and set aside. If you are making regular sized cookies, line a baking sheet with parchment paper or a silicone baking mat and set aside.
- In a large bowl, whisk together the flour, baking soda, and salt. Set this bowl aside. In a separate large mixing bowl, cream the butter and sugars together until smooth. Beat in the eggs and vanilla until well combined. Slowly add the dry ingredients with the wet ingredients. Stir in the chocolate chips.
- To make the giant cookies, scoop out ¼ cup of dough and flatten with your hands. Place 3 Peppermint Crunch Junior Mints onto the dough. Wrap the dough and candies together. Make sure the candies are covered. Press the dough into the muffin top pans. Sprinkle crushed candy cane pieces and sea salt over each cookie. To make regular-sized cookies, tuck 1 Peppermint Crunch Junior Mint into about 1 tbsp. of cookie dough. Form into a ball and roll into crushed candy cane pieces. Place cookies on a baking sheet and sprinkle with sea salt.
- Bake giant cookies for 10-13 minutes or until edges just start to turn golden brown. Let cookies cool for 10 minutes in muffin top pan before transferring to a cooling rack. Bake regular-sized cookies for 8-10 minutes or until edges just start to turn golden brown. Cool on a baking sheet for 5 minutes before transferring to a cooling rack.
Before you consume the entire batch (trust us, it’s easier said than done!), set aside a few to give to friends and family. Package the cookies in these cute Christmas North Pole Treat Tins and deliver to the doorstep of your loved ones. This festive, socially-distanced activity is a great way to spread holiday cheer–and satisfy a sweet tooth!
Add a personal touch by including a recipe card in the box. By doing so, your friends and family have the opportunity to recreate the recipe in the future. We recommend slipping one of these festive, customizable Holiday Cookies Recipe Cards inside the cookie tin. This is a tasty gift that truly keeps on giving!