We are kicking off our new fall collection with a flower that typically blooms throughout summer until September. So if you’re sad to see these flowers go soon, why not craft a few and enjoy them a lot longer? This is the first time we have designed a crepe paper black eyed Susan — and we will be showing you how to make this flower step by step during our Member Make workshop.
Below you’ll find a list of the tools and materials you’ll need. Plus you can download and cut the flower pattern ahead of time, then join us on September 18th at 11:00 a.m. PST for our live workshop! If you want to practice making this flower before we go live, we have also included a photo tutorial.
To make these crepe paper black eyed Susan flowers, we used our heavy crepe paper in mango. This is such a bright and cheerful color — perfect for fall! Considering black eyed Susans are part of the sunflower family, it’s also a great crepe paper color for making sunflowers.
You may have also noticed that some of the centers in our black eyed Susans look like eyeballs! Since we’re in Halloween mode, we couldn’t help but have some fun with it and make our flowers a little more “creepy.”
Ready to craft with us? We love that these flowers symbolize encouragement and motivation, which is exactly what Member Make is all about! If you haven’t joined us for Member Make before, be sure to read the instructions on how to participate. Otherwise, scroll on down for the tools and materials list plus the flower pattern.
How to Join Our Member Make Challenge
- Become a member and — if you want to meet other flower makers and get more crafting tips — join our Facebook page for members.
- Gather the craft tools and materials you need for this crepe paper black eyed Susan — listed below. Then download the printable flower template or SVG file at the end of this post.
- Join our YouTube Live on September 18th at 11:00 a.m. PST to craft this flower with us! We will share the link to join on the Facebook page for members and send it to members who are on our email list. It will also be available for playback here once the live workshop is over.
- Watch our video tutorial to craft along with us and create your own version of this crepe paper black eyed Susan. You can use different colors of paper, materials, or techniques; play around with your arrangement; or style your flowers in different ways.
- If you need some guidance, reach out to us and others in our crafting community. You can also post progress pictures or ask questions on our Facebook page for members. Make sure to use the hashtag #MemberMake on Instagram and Facebook so your project is easy to find.
- Lastly, share your final version of your crepe paper black eyed Susan flowers! You can post your pictures on our Facebook page for members or on your Instagram page with the hashtag #MemberMake.
This content uses links from which we may earn a commission. Disclosure.
Gather your craft tools and materials. Then download and cut the flower pattern below before joining our live Member Make workshop on the 18th!